And how did I do?
… pretty well, if I do say so myself!
I accomplished some of the goals I set for myself a year ago, though not all. But I also accomplished some things I never had on that list to begin with, so I’m not beating myself up for what I didn’t do.
So here’s how I’m doing since my mid-year check in…
Goals I have accomplished:
- Get to bed earlier
- Stay involved in politics
- Start looking at properties to buy
- Adopt a cat or two
- Maintain community of excellent humans
- Eat more good foods
- Drink less alcohol
- Don’t pour energy into work in off time
- Pray with intention
- Take better care of skin
- Be more philanthropic
- Learn to use my Instapot
- Do things I’m afraid of
- Speak and act with more confidence
- Be brave
- Rewrite the faulty parts of my second contemporary (Swim) and submit them to my mentor
- Switch to all-natural beauty
- Stop calling myself a late bloomer
- Get new desk chair
- Go somewhere I’ve never been before. We went to Maine, which isn’t Asia, but was still nice
- Create a budget and stick to it
- Ready myself for major life changes. I like to think I was as ready as I could be!
Goals I didn’t set at the beginning of the year but nonetheless accomplished:
- Survived pregnancy
- Birthed a child
- Kept said child alive for 30 days so far
- Figured out how my breast pump works
- Did an exciting literary thing I can’t post about yet 🙂
Goals I almost accomplished:
- Finish rewriting my first manuscript. I did this once, am now doing it again, and am very close to finishing, but don’t foresee myself finishing today
- Write 10 hours every week. I am 34 hours short of my yearly goal of 520 hours. Not bad!
- Write book reviews. I’ve been doing a good job of getting them up on Goodreads and Litsy. I need to cross-post to Amazon still
- Get administrative tasks done. I did a pretty good job with this this year, though was not perfect. To work on!
- Drink water. Ditto!
- Seek out new music. I found some new stuff but not much…
Goals to work on next year:
- Do yoga 3 times per week. It happened in the earlier trimesters, not so much in the later ones
- Do cardio twice a week. See above
- Don’t mindlessly scroll through phone. To work on more!
- Be less wasteful. I want a reusable coffee cup and I want to forgo plasticware entirely
- Evolve personal style. Must lose weight first, then will work on culling my closet and buying clothes more mindfully
- Blog more. I did terribly this past year!
- Read 52 books. Same!
- Draft something new. I started several things, and did not get far on any
- Stop worrying. I am who I am
- Watch my posture. Need to work on more
- Get things framed. Nope, didn’t do
- Print photos. Nope
- Whiten teeth. I was pregnant so didn’t really want chemicals in my mouth, so I excuse myself for this one
- Journal more. I didn’t do this and I need to
- Therapy. Hardly went at all
- Do something new and local every month. No time!
- Go back to France. No time…
- Go to Seattle. No time…
- Visit niece in North Carolina. No time…
- Compost. To be postponed until I have a house
- Pitch freelance work. No time… I’m not sure this is a thing I’ll do unless I find my commute entirely unbearable. I’d rather focus on novel-writing in the every-shrinking spare time I will have
- Host dinner parties. To be postponed until we have a house
- Plan more outdoor activities. Maybe my baby will incentivize me to do this?
I’m going to do a separate post on my 2019 (!) goals, to come shortly!
Did you have goals? Did you meet them? Are you disappointed or happy with yourself? I believe in being flexible when it comes to these things, but let me know what you think!
Photo by Brigitte Tohm on Unsplash
2 thoughts on “2018 Resolutions: How Did You Do?”