It’s that time again!
Where I make goals, not necessarily in order to accomplish them all, but to try.
Here’s my list for this year:
- Learn how to be a better hostess and do it once a month. I love having people over but get so stressed out every time I do and feel like I’m doing it wrong. Open to any and all tips!
- Make new friends in my neighborhood. Starting with the preschool parent list.
- Come up with a schedule to maximize doing things. I feel like I’m just grabbing bits of time here and there which is fine when you have a young baby, but we really need to get on more of a schedule. I like routines, they do a body good.
- Be intentional on social media #stopthescroll
- Walk or run 70K steps every week.
- Do my pelvic floor PT exercises every day. And PSA, if you’ve given birth and haven’t looked into PT, chances are you should do so because you need it.
- Get reliable childcare. Someone please send Mary Poppins my way, I need her.
- Text a friend every day. I miss my faraway friends.
- Go outside every day.
- Do something out of the ordinary every week.
- Use my DSLR again!
- Blog monthly
- Journal weekly, preferably daily.
- Read 50 books. Getting out of my year-long reading slump will take work, but I miss reading regularly.
- Monthly date nights. Preferably with board games
- Get a hot tub. I want one. My neighbor says it wasn’t that hard to put theirs in. Let’s do it.
- Start an email newsletter. For real this time.
- Buy a bicycle. And ride it.
- Find my spot. Everywhere I’ve lived, I’ve had a spot. A picnic bench or coffee shop or barstool or library corner that was mine. I want one of those again.
- Take two vacations. We don’t travel enough anymore.
- Join the local library. Also, give audiobooks another chance. People keep raving about them and I could never get into them so I want to try again.
- Finish drafting the East Village Thriller. And draft something new.
- Be more intentional about time with my children. Especially my oldest. I miss our one on one time.
So those are mine! What are yours?
Photo by Moritz Knöringer on Unsplash