No series on writing meet-cutes would be complete without quoting the master of the contemporary YA romance: Stephanie Perkins.
If you like castles and history, I know a place you should go…
And no, I’m not suggesting plagiarism…
“Friday Finally” is trending on Twitter, and for once I am in total agreement with the masses. This week has been brutal–the kind of week that has me asking all these questions again. No answers yet, but I’ll be sure to let you know when I figure out the enigma that is life.
Here are three things that made me happy this week:
1. We don’t all start on third base. Powerful and true.
2. Books to read when you need a laugh. I haven’t actually read any of these. Let me know if they’re good!
3. Life advice from a 95-year-old. The ones that really resonated with me are “When in doubt, just take the next small step” and “It’s never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.”
Reading: I just finished this book–it was super cute and sweet, but was entirely lacking in tension. I enjoyed it while reading it, but page-turner it was not. 6/10. I just started this book, after loving Stiefvater’s other series, and I have to say, I’m disappointed so far. We’ll see if it gets better.
Watching: I finally got around to watching the movie adaptation of a book I loved. The movie for The Duff was … bad. They changed around the plot, the characters, the scenes–it wasn’t nearly as cute and sweet and REAL as the book was. I’m disappointed.
Listening To: The same thing as I was last week. I think I’ll be listening to it for the rest of fall.
Lovely image found here
I’m happy today because it’s Friday and because it’s prime leaf-falling season and because my boyfriend is coming home from his job in North Carolina to celebrate my turning another year older this weekend.
Here are three other things that made me happy this week:
1. On writing diverse topics (such as writing and wanderlust) on one blog.
2. Things to check off your pre-writing list before diving into a new work.
3. Turning grandma’s hobby into a business–and bringing much-needed Western money to a small town.
Reading: I just finish the third Raven Cycle book and oh my God, holy book hangover. My hesitations are totally gone; I adore this series, I adore these characters, I adore the writing and I am counting the days until the fourth one comes out. Also adding everything Maggie Stiefvater to my TBR stack.
Watching: Speaking of things I wasn’t sure about at first but am now hooked on, I’m now obsessed with this show. Side note: living alone makes me watch more TV. Like I need the voices in the house at night to feel less lonely. I don’t know if this is a good thing or bad thing.
Listening to: more Gaslight Anthem Pandora. It’s perfect for this time of year.
Image found somewhere on this Tumblr
To continue my France kick…